Friday, February 15, 2008

Lamar Hicks 1935-2008

My father-in-law, Lamar, lost his battle to cancer early this morning. He passed peacefully in his sleep at his home with my mother-in-law, Carol, at his side. He battled cancer for nearly 2 1/2 years and suffered quite a bit, so though it was hard to lose him we have been praying for his peaceful release from this life. Lamar was a great man and we love and respect him (keeping love and respect in the present tense because we know he still lives and we will see him again when we leave this life). He was a great missionary and was not afraid to share the gospel (or anything for that matter) with complete strangers. He shared the gospel of Jesus Christ with many people and helped to make their lives better. I am greatful that I was able to know him!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a great picture of him. I am so sorry that you lost him, but as a daughter of a father lost to cancer, I understand the peace you find when they can finally have peace. I know you and your children will miss him. Good luck with everything in the next week. We will keep you in our prayers.

j- said...

Our thoughts & prayers are with you guys and Nathan's family, I know that you guys are a huge support for Carol-

I know he will be missed he was such an outgoing man, very friendly and interested in everyone around him. I am sure he is going to be busy on the other side of the veil!

elder mcdonough said...

i am sorry to hear about your loss, he sounded great, i wish for peace to be with your family