Tuesday, July 29, 2008

FIRST GRADE IS PRETTY COOL, MOM!


That is the first thing Camden said to me when I picked him up from school. In Herriman we have year-round school. Year-round works really well for our family because Camden has breaks, but they arent long enough to make me a crazy mommy. Today was Camden's first day of FIRST GRADE! I have to say first grade was way harder for me than Kindergarten. I did not shed any tears when he started Kindergarten, but when I left him today I had a moment. I felt nervous for him and excited for him and proud of him and kind of sad that he would be gone the entire day. I thought about him all day and hoped that when I picked him up that he would have good things to say. When I picked him up he told me how much he loved school and his teacher and his friends and about all the things they did. SIGH of relief!

5 comments:

Rusti said...

Yay! I'm so glad he loved it! I'm way nervous for Isabelle to start Kindergarten next week. I'm afraid she's not going to want to go back.

BTW- I'm so sorry I haven't sent you that information! I completely spaced it until I came across my notes today. Do you still want/need it? Sorry I'm a dork!

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

Rusti--I am sure Isabelle will love kindergarten! The teachers are really sweet with the kids and they have so much fun! Also, I found a website that had the info so I kind of figured it out. Good luck with Kindergarten next week!

j- said...

Oh Tam I am so with you on 1st grade being harder!! It is so true!! I am glad he liked it that sure puts your mind at ease!! We only have 2 & 1/2 more weeks!! My kids are feeling it!!

Cheryl said...

That is so exciting! He looks so old. I totally love his smile!

Andrea said...

I think it is the whole lunch thing. I think that only a few hours seems like preschool, but missing lunch time is HARD! I can't believe this year I have a fifth grader. I am old.