This last week we went to Flaming Gorge with the Hicks' family. It has been a tradition for many years. We went to a new location this year with cabins set in the middle of nowhere. It was fun! Some of the family stayed in cabins while others brought trailers and RVs. We spent the days on the beach and visiting sites while at night when the kids slept the adults built bon fires and shared memories. We laughed so much on this trip. They also had a little pond with a dock. They had a paddle boat that the kids got to paddle around. It was so pretty I had to get a few pics with my kids on the dock. They had a great time!
A teepee that was on the property
We had such a great time at the beach. Camden loved the water.
playing in the sand
Morgan loved the water and had a great time playing on the beach
On Saturday we took a drive up to Flaming Gorge dam. After the tour of the dam we visited an outlook. Nathan took a great picture looking down on the water and an eagle flying overhead.

Right outside our cabin was a field of wild flowers. I took a few pictures of Morgan playing in them koolaid face and all. 


Riley at "the Rock"
Flaming Gorge became a tradition after a family trajedy. In 1965 Keith Woodruff (Nathan's Mom's brother) and his wife Lavon (Nathan's Dad's sister) were camping with their family and two of their newphews in Sheep Creek when there was a flash flood and they were killed. The above picture is of the plaque that they placed on a rock that they found in the area after the flood. So, every year the Hicks' family along with extended family(Swensons, Woodruffs, and Squires) meet at the rock in memorial of the family that died.
5 comments:
Tam! Great Pictures!! Wow- I didn't know that Nathan's parents had siblings who married- That is such a tragic loss!! They were so young!
Looks like you had a nice time- was it hot??
Did I tell you last time I went to flaming gorge i saw a boat "Flaming" (actually engulfed in flames floating away from the dock) every time I think of FG I think of that. CUTE CUTE CUTE PICTURES!!!!! You are one talented lady!
Your pics never cease to amaze me chomay, you are soo amazing! I want your life, wanna trade? LOL Looks like you guys had a great trip! We are going to have to visit there one day. Thats a sad tragedy that happened to that little family, very sad! :( I love memorials so I am glad you all pay tribute to them. Love you I will call soon! :) Camo's surgery is tomorrow but next week we can see each other!
I love the pictures of the kids. You are awsome.
Cute pictures. Can you believe I've never been to Flaming Gorge?
I love the family tradition. It's so great for our kids to learn about their ansestors.
Post a Comment