Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Recipe


I am always trying new recipes so my family will not get bored with my cooking. I don't love to cook, but obviously I love to eat! I am always looking for easy meals that are yummy and do not require more than 5 ingredients. I love to watch the Food Network and some of the cooking shows on PBS. They always make it look sooo easy and it seems like no matter what they are making, even if its something I dont like, they make it look REALLY good. I recently watched a cooking show called "Simply Ming". If you have ever watched this show you know Ming has a way with Asian dishes that make your mouth water. I swear if I were rich before anything else I would hire Ming to cook for me. So, anyway he made fried chicken using these Japanese bread crumbs called panko. So, I tried to find the recipe tonight, but really didnt have much luck. However I found a recipe called "Deviled Chicken Drumsticks" that looked really good. They turned out so yummy! It was a winner with my family and it isnt really hard to make so I thought I would share it with you.
Deviled Chicken Drumsticks
12 chicken drumsticks (2 1/2 to 3 pounds total)
1/2 cup dijon mustard
3/4 cup panko (found in the same place as shake n bake)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
3 tablespoons butter, melted
preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in upper third.
Pat chicken dry, then toss with mustard until evenly coated.
stir together panko, cheese, cayenne, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
drizzle with butter and toss.
Dredge each drumstick in crumb mixture to coat, then arrange, without crowding, in a buttered large 4-sided sheet pan.
Roast until chicken is browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
I love this recipe because it is easy, yummy and you dont have to fry the chicken in oil.

2 comments:

j- said...

I thought I already commented on this!! It looks nummy!! I am gonna try it next time I go grocery shopping!!

Lianna Black said...

Yummy recipe! I can't wait to try it! I love those easy delish recipes also and I like to collect them. Thank you for sharing! :)