On August 3rd we celebrated Riley's 5th birthday. I can remember the details of the day I went into labor and delivered Riley. It feels like it was yesterday. I can not believe how quickly the time goes. Nathan and I decided last year that since his birthday was so close to the cut off and because he is only 15 months younger than Camden that we would wait another year before starting him in school. So, this year he is going to go to preschool. He is so excited! Only a few weeks till he starts. Today his teacher, Miss Lisa, came to visit him. He was so excited for her visit that he asked me if he could wait for her on the porch. She came and read him a story about making friends.
He was shy for a while, but by the time she was ready to leave he had warmed up. I am eager for him to start and have something fun to do. Miss Lisa is a great teacher with lots of fun ideas for the kids and even has a field trip planned for each month. The best part for mom is that she just lives at the end of our street so I can walk Riley to school.

Riley is going to do great. So, that just leaves Morgan and I for a few hours a week. Morgan is going to miss Riley. Good thing its only a few hours a week. They have been spending a lot of time together while Camden is at school.
I love this picture because of the expression on Riley's face. What a sweet big brother!
Some pictures I took of Riley and Morgan one day while Camden was at school.

Morgan in her cute hat that I got at the Children's place for 5 BUCKS! WOOHOO! I LOVE the Children's Place!
My sweet girl with her buddy Riley
Today was a busy day. We also celebrated Camden's teacher, Mrs. Joffs, birthday. Her birthday was yesterday, but we decided to celebrate it in her class today. Jacie, my friend and our room mother, called me over the weekend and told me that Mrs. Joffs likes "some hot diggity dog chocolate thingy that they sell at Smiths". So I was on a quest. I went to the bakery and asked them if they knew what I was talking about and after some laughs they told me I was looking for a "devil dog". So the kids and I got the devil dog and some balloons and headed to school.
Mrs. Joffs was surprised and the kids enjoyed eating some hostess cupcakes.
But Camden really enjoyed seeing his brother and sister.
2 comments:
I love the wheat fields pictures! The one of Morgan up close with just brother's arms behind her like he's protecting her, too sweet!!!!
I love that one of the two of them together. So cute! Who knew wheat could make kids look so cute!
Post a Comment