Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fluffy

This is a picture of our sweet mini (although not very mini) rex bunny, Fluffy. We got her nearly a year ago from a family in Bountiful that couldnt keep her. We instantly fell in love with her. She is sweet and patient and even lets the kids pet her. We have had a great time with her this summer. We can let her out in the backyard and when we go out she stays really close to us and hops around playfully.

Yesterday was a sad day for our family. When we went out to feed Fluffy we found she wasnt breathing. The kids found her so I couldnt avoid them seeing her. Luckily, Morgan did not understand. We were sad all day. The kids kept trying to figure out ways to bring Fluffy back which broke my heart. When Nathan came home we dug a hole in the backyard and had a little funeral for her. Camden and Riley both gave talks about Fluffy. It gave us an opportunity to talk about death and where our spirits go when we die. Losing a pet is so hard!!

4 comments:

j- said...

Oh Tam!!
I am so sorry to hear about Fluffy!! She was a great bunny and what an adorable picture with Morgan!!
We'll miss Fluffy!!

Tricia said...

I'm so sorry! So sad the kids found her but sweet the boys wanted a funeral. Glad you got a cute picture of Fluffy with Morgan!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. That is really sad. I'm glad you were able to turn it into a good teaching moment. Tyson still talks about how Mowgli (our guinea pig)is in heaven with Grandpa and Jesus.

Steph said...

It is hard to lose a pet, sorry you guys had to go through that. We have had funerals for fish so far. It is a good teaching moment, good job mom!