
With eyes closed I have jumped into the world of potty training once again. Its day 5 and I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Morgan has been showing signs of potty readiness for a few months now. She was excited about going potty and went several times a day, but also had a wet diaper. So, I decided it was time to train her before she lost interest. I decided the best approach would be to go cold turkey. no more diapers or pull-ups! I figured that if I kept putting a diaper on her she would not get into the mode of holding it until she went to the potty. So, we went to the store and I got her a barbie and some new underwear. I put the barbie above the fridge and told her that if she could stay dry for a whole week she could have it.
The first day I was ready to quit! She went through 6 pairs of underwear before lunch. She would go on the potty but wouldnt get it all out and so she would go in her pants too. I was so tempted to put a diaper on her again and wait six months. But, I didnt. Day two was a little better only 2 accidents. Day 3 was Friday and she had lots of accidents. I kept thinking "Is she really ready for this". I didnt count Saturday or Sunday because we werent home alot on Saturday and I wasnt going to bring her to church in underwear so both days she wore a diaper. Surprisingly she took off her diaper to go and was mostly dry through the weekend. Yesterday she did really well only one accident. That brings us to today. I think we have turned a potty training corner. She is doing so well and has gone potty without me once asking her to go. I am crossing my fingers that she will continue to do well and that we are done with diapers!
6 comments:
I hope she continues to do well. Conner is nowhere near potty training yet. Good for you! Keep us updated, I am very curious to hear if she keeps it up.
Wow!! That is so huge!! I am hoping to follow in your footsteps sometime soon!!
I hope to follow you soon. Trevor has been peeing in the potty all by himself each time I change his diaper. I am waiting until we get back from vacation next week and now he NEVER want to do it. By the way, that picture is the coolest!
Payton could do it if he would get his mind in the game. But he wants nothing to do with it. YET!
sheesh...potty training. i wish every kid was the same so we didn't have do try new things each time! good luck (and sweet picture!)
WAY TO GO MOM!! I AM YOUR CHEERLEADER!!! YEAAAA TAMMY! Hard to have patience when you have to change clothes so many times. Glad to hear she is doing better. RA RA GOOOOO Morgan!!! I love that picture too. You are awesome!
Post a Comment