Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Tradition


One of the things I like to do at Christmas time is make frosted Christmas cookies. My mom did it every year when we were little so I have kept the tradition. Every year I try a new recipe and every year I am disappointed with the results. This year however, I found the perfect recipe.

It is super easy and the dough is so easy to work with--I didnt even have to chill it before rolling it out. The cookies turn out really yummy too.

Butter Cookies
1 cup butter (not margarine), softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
* My kids decorated these cookies. Needless to say they love sprinkles!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Those look delicious even with all the sprinkles!!

j- said...

Yummy!! I want to go and make some... I wonder if I have the ingredients!!

Jerlyn said...

They look delicious! I will try this recipe this weekend! Thanks!

Tricia said...

They look yummy! Can you taste the OJ in them? I have been using Mrs. Fields Sugar Cookie recipe forever!

TAMMY ELIZABETH said...

You can definately taste the orange juice in them. So yummy!

Andrea said...

Yum! You really made me want to take a big bite!