Saturday, December 20, 2008

Things that make Christmas Christmas

For most everyone there are certain things that are important when celebrating the holidays and its just not Christmas time without them. The things that make Christmas special for me are definately not glamorous and they do not cost a lot but without them Christmas is just not Christmas.

1. Music. For me it is Bing Crosby's "Merry Christmas". It is an album that has been played in my home since I can remember. Memories of Christmas morning and opening presents to "Bing" makes me smile. What would Christmas be without the Andrews Sisters singing about the "big fat man with the long white beard" coming to town.


2. Christmas lights. I love christmas lights. When I was little my dad would put a strand around the outside of my window so they would light up my room at night.





3. snow. This is a more recent thing because growing up in California I never experienced a snowy Christmas. The most we ever got was rain. I hate driving in snow, but when I have no where to go I love the snow.



4. Its a wonderful life. This has to be the ultimate Christmas movie. I am not a lover of old movies, but I have to say this is one I treasure. It has such a great message--I make my kids watch it with me every year. Yes, and every year it makes me cry all over again.



5. Christmas cards. I love to make Christmas cards. There is nothing better to put me in the Christmas mood. I try to make each card just a little bit different and special for the person I am sending it to.
6. Family. I am sure this is important to most people and definately a must for me. There is nothing better than to spend Christmas day with the ones you love!



Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Jerlyn said...

I love these pictures!!!

Joanne said...

I hate driving in snow too, but it is so pretty and makes Christmas feel like Christmas to me. The pics are way cute!

Andrea said...

So cute! Love your pictures. I am so mad I didn't have you take my Christmas card picture this year. What was I thinking?

Tricia said...

I agree with all of those! I love White Christmas and Bing singing to me!!! BTW I got the cutest Christmas card in the mail!!!! You kids just look too darling and sweet. Merry Christmas.

j- said...

I love this post Tam- good job-and the big fat man with the long white beard- he's comin' to town!

i love snow in December!!