Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Our Memorable Weekend

This weekend Nathan and I got away without kids. It was our first getaway (for more than an afternoon or evening) in years. We didnt go far, but it felt like we were. We spent our weekend in St. George. It was nice! Our relaxing weekend included:



a very nice hotel. A friend of Nathan suggested La Quinta. We were skeptical, but read the reviews and thought we would try it. They are reasonably priced and have great accomadations. I was impressed!



holding hands at the movies. We saw the new Star Trek movie. I am not a Star Trek fan, but the previews intrigued me and I have to say this movie was pretty good! We both gave it a thumbs up!



lots of yummy food. On Friday evening we took a drive to a small town called Pine Valley to eat at a 5 star steakhouse. That was the best steak I have ever had! We also got to have an In-N-Out burger which Nathan enjoyed so much that he had to have another. We also indulged in a Cranberry Coke from Sonic!


an hour massage. SO NICE!!!


shopping at the outlets. I found tons of bargains (.99 cent bargains) at The Children's Place and $1 flip-flops for everyone from Old Navy.


and a visit to the St. George Temple. We spent about an hour just sitting on a bench in front of the temple just enjoying the peace. It was nice just being together and enjoying each others company.



It was only three days, but it was long enough to relax and spend time with my sweetie! We are already planning our next one. Does anyone have any suggestions of a great cruise?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had way too much fun in St. George!! I am glad you got away, you really deserve it. Dave and I are going to St. George this week/weekend! I am so excited.

Talk to Nicole about a cruise. She just went on a really cool one!!

Nelson Family said...

I'm glad you got a little break. We all need those.

And cruising......is the BEST! WE LOVE IT!

Jerlyn said...

How fun! It is nice to get away and recharge. I am a HUGE fan of cruises, the entertainment sceduled, food all the time, and they clean your room twice a day! No work involved just relaxation.

The Disney cruise, all time best with kids! I like Carnival the next best! They are my favorite vacations! Definitely Go!

elder mcdonough said...

sounds so nice, some time with your sweetie!! I need that too!

Rusti said...

That sounds so awesome! I'm dying here, I want a vacation so bad. I might just have to copy that step by step. It seems so relaxing and fun!

Steph said...

How very fun! So happy you were able to get away with your sweetie. Those are the best, when you can take time together and reconnect.

I liked Star Trek too.